Monthly Archives: January 2014
Universal laws of nature are ‘guiding principles’ that help us understand and predict the patterns of life and nature.The law of gravity helps us to predict what will happen to a stone when it’s thrown up; it will come down.It doesn’t matter whether you believe in the universal law or not.
Apart from the law of gravity, there are other universal laws of nature.While these laws are scientific in nature they are presented here in line with everyday life. Please note that this list is by no means complete.
- The Law of Attraction
- The Law of Cause and Effect
To every effect there is a specific cause. You are where you are today because of the decisions you made(or others made for you) in the past.The decisions you are making now will determine where you will be in the near and distant future.
The best way to predict the future is to create it-NOW!
The best way to think of the Law of Cause and Effect is by saying that every risk has its reward and every choice has it’s consequences.
- The Law of Polarity
- The Law of Probability
- The Law of Growth
- The Law of Giving ( and receiving)
- The Law of Gestation/Manifestation
You attract people, things and situations that are in harmony with your dominant thoughts and beliefs.It’s easy to understand why people who believe that they can never get a job are unemployed in the first place.
Whatever you believe, with conviction, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.It is better to be unrealistically optimistic than to be realistically pessimistic.Be careful what you believe,be careful what you wish for; you might just get it.
Everything in nature and life has an opposite.It is up to you to choose what to focus on.You can count your blessings or you can find something to complain about.Whatever you focus on begins to magnify in your life.Remember,you don’t need more to be thankful, you only need to be more thankful.
The higher the frequency the higher the probabilty.Let’s get mathematical,shall we?If you have 10 balls in a jar; 6 blue balls, 3 white balls and 1 red ball it follows that:
-the probability of randomly picking a blue ball is 6/10 or 60%
-that of picking a white ball is 3/10 or 30% and
-that of picking a red ball is 1/10 or 10%
What is the point,you ask.The more you avail yourself, the better your chance of getting whatever it is you want.The ‘lucky people’ are those who are out there-looking.No one has ever stumbled on anything sitting down.
Remember, probability=frequency.The higher the frequency the higher the probability.
Nothing in nature is static.Growth is natural.Unfortunately,there is growth in reverse order.The question is not whether you are growing or not; it is whether you are growing up or growing down.
The universe operates on the principle of giving and receiving.The Dead Sea does not understand this principle-that is why it is dead!
You are a stream through which blessings must flow to others.The moment you try to hoard the blessing you are creating a dead sea.Just imagine what would happen if trees woke up one morning and decided not to give us Oxygen!
It takes nine months for a baby to be born, three years for a fruit-tree to start producing and seven years of training to produce a doctor.I hope you get the point.
The result of your ‘labor’ does not have to show now.Some of your dreams need months, if not years, of consistent action in order for them to be achieved.You must always resist the temptation to rush the process.
The laws of nature will not change to suit your situation.You have to align yourself with them.
A poem by Donna Levine
There is inside you
All of the potential
To be whatever you want you want to be;
All of the energy
To do you want to to do.
Imagine yourself as you would like to be,
Doing what you want to do,
And each day, take one step
Towards your dream.
And though at times it may seem too
difficult to continue,
Hold on to your dream.
One morning you will wake up to find
That you are the person you dreamed of,
Doing what you wanted to do,
Simply because you had the courage
To believe in your potential
And to hold on to your dream.
What is a Liebster Award?
Liebster is a Germany word that means darling, dearest, valued,kindest, and welcome.
The idea of the Liebster Award is to show love by highlighting blogs that do not have a huge following.The rules have varied along the way.But any blog that has less than 200 followers can be nominated.Originally, that number was 3000.
How does it work?
The Liebster Award is a ‘chain letter’.Blogs are nominated by other bloggers.Once nominated,it is expected that you will pass it on by nominating 5-11 blogs that you feel need more followers.
What are the rules?
- You have to be nominated before you can nominate other blogs.
- When you are nominated,post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which were provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Provide 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform your nominees by commenting or posting on their blog and provide a link back to your blog so that they can learn about the rules of the award.
Has this blog been nominated?
No, this blog has not been nominated yet.This means that I can not pass on the love to other blogs that deserve the nomination.
I am waiting for someone who has already been nominated to pass on the Liebster love so that I can,in turn, pass it on to others.Is it you?
Liebster!Pass on the love.
As the arms of the clock turn, bringing upon us a New Year, I took time to write this note to you just to say THANK YOU.
Thank you for visiting, liking, sharing and following my blog in the year 2013. I look forward to more of your support in this New Year.
As 2014 comes upon us, I pray that you may seize every opportunity and celebrate every victory. Above all else, I pray that you let God be the shepherd of your soul.
May the New Year give you the strength to face the challenges of life and courage to adjust the sail so as to take every situation to your stride.
The year is new, the hopes are new, the aspirations are new, but my warm wishes for happiness and prosperity remain the same for you and your family.
“These, then, are my last words to you: Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
THANK YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
As we begin the year 2014, here are 13 quotes to give you motivation, inspiration and some wisdom.
- Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let every New Year find you a better Man. -Benjamin Franklin
- One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: to rise above the little things.-John Burroughs
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.-Eleanor Roosevelt
- A happy New Year! Grant that I may bring no tear to any eye when this New Year in time shall end let it be said I’ve played the friend, have lived and loved and labored here, and made of it a happy year. -Edgar Guest
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.-Mae West
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. -Edith Lovejoy Pierce
- Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day. -Michael Josephson
- We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives… not looking for flaws, but fo potential.-Ellen Goodman
- Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges; whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities.-Michael Josephson
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.-G. K. Chesterton
- Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear, To love and laugh and give!
This bright new year is given me to live each day with zest . . . to daily grow and try to be my highest and my best!
I have the opportunity once more to right some wrongs, to pray for peace, to plant a tree, and sing more joyful songs!-William Arthur Ward
- Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.-Oprah Winfrey
- The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.-Franklin D. Roosevelt
For more inspirational and motivational quotes click here.
I wish you well in all your endeavors this year.