My Liebster Blog Award
Danke, merci, chokran, obrigada, gracias, thanks to Candace Habte for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Take time to visit her blog. She has so much to offer-you are bound to find something you will like. She is one writer with many heads.
In case you have not yet wrapped your head around this award here is some info explaining what the Liebster award is all about.
What is a Liebster Award?
Liebster is a Germany word that means darling, dearest, valued, kindest, or welcome.
The Liebster Award is a PR tool that is used to promote blogs that deserve ( but do not have) a huge following. By highlighting these deserving blogs you will in turn be promoting your own blog since your nominees are obliged to provide a link back to your blog. It’s well worth your time and effort.
What are the rules?
- Post the award on your blog
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you-and thank them too!
- Answer the questions provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 3000 subscribers and create 11 questions for them to answer
- Inform your nominees by posting on their individual blogs and provide them with the rules of the award
You can nominate a blog that has received the award before but not the blog that nominated you.
Here are my answers to the questions Candacy asked me;
1. What’s your guilty pleasure, and why (can be anything- food, show, habit, etc.)?
Surfing. I always set a time frame for me to be online but I constantly find myself overshooting.
2. What’s the last song you listened to?
Good Woman by Roberto
3. Would you rather fast-forward your life or rewind?
None of the above. I am always looking back to my small days to recollect some of those precious(some not so precious) moments, but my focus is on the future.
4. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
I just love when someone comments on my blog. It kind of reminds me that someone out there appreciates what I do.
5. What’s your least favorite part about blogging?
The hours can be long!
6. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. You’re stuck on an island and get to take two people (real or fictionalized), one album, one book or magazine- not digital, and one item from your house. What/who do you take?
-Two people- Ben Carson and my little brother, Jay.
-One album- 18 Gospel Favorites by Jim Reeves
-One book- that’s easy, my Bible.
-One item from my house- my notepad (and a pen).Ah! Now that’s two!
8. If you could read only three blogs for the rest of your life, which ones would you read? Why?
This was always going to be a tough one. From the top of my head:
Why? I think they are great sites. Check them out.
9. What’s one word or phrase that you feel you overuse?
“I think that…”
10. What’s one thing you want to accomplish (or stop doing) this year?
I want to take my motivational speaking back on radio. That’s where it all began seven years ago.
11. Would you rather be a frog, a spider, a mud turtle or a goldfish?
Goldfish sounds good. I think that it looks good too.
Drum roll…Here are my nominees;
These are amazing blogs. Take time to check them out
- Aquila Speaks
- Miss Mahogany
- Autumn Eyes
- Clivia Vogel
- Robert Boniface’s Blog
- Lusaka Day & Night
- Better Zambia
- Malama’s Blog
- Ms Ideas Unlimited
- Misadventures of Afro Ginger
- Too Late for Worms
And these are my nominees’ questions;
1. What made you to start blogging?
2. What has been the most precious moment of your blogging life?
3. What is your favorite quote/saying?
4. What is the best book you have ever ready?
5. Movies or music?
6. Who inspires you?
7. What do you love most about your country?
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would that be?
9. Favorite social media ( face book, twitter, LinkedIn or WhatsApp)?
10. What single quality would you like to see in your children?
11. If you could change one thing about the world, what would that be?
Liebster! Pass on the love!