Category Archives: Blogging
Danke, merci, chokran, obrigada, gracias, thanks to Candace Habte for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Take time to visit her blog. She has so much to offer-you are bound to find something you will like. She is one writer with many heads.
In case you have not yet wrapped your head around this award here is some info explaining what the Liebster award is all about.
What is a Liebster Award?
Liebster is a Germany word that means darling, dearest, valued, kindest, or welcome.
The Liebster Award is a PR tool that is used to promote blogs that deserve ( but do not have) a huge following. By highlighting these deserving blogs you will in turn be promoting your own blog since your nominees are obliged to provide a link back to your blog. It’s well worth your time and effort.
What are the rules?
- Post the award on your blog
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you-and thank them too!
- Answer the questions provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 3000 subscribers and create 11 questions for them to answer
- Inform your nominees by posting on their individual blogs and provide them with the rules of the award
You can nominate a blog that has received the award before but not the blog that nominated you.
Here are my answers to the questions Candacy asked me;
1. What’s your guilty pleasure, and why (can be anything- food, show, habit, etc.)?
Surfing. I always set a time frame for me to be online but I constantly find myself overshooting.
2. What’s the last song you listened to?
Good Woman by Roberto
3. Would you rather fast-forward your life or rewind?
None of the above. I am always looking back to my small days to recollect some of those precious(some not so precious) moments, but my focus is on the future.
4. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
I just love when someone comments on my blog. It kind of reminds me that someone out there appreciates what I do.
5. What’s your least favorite part about blogging?
The hours can be long!
6. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. You’re stuck on an island and get to take two people (real or fictionalized), one album, one book or magazine- not digital, and one item from your house. What/who do you take?
-Two people- Ben Carson and my little brother, Jay.
-One album- 18 Gospel Favorites by Jim Reeves
-One book- that’s easy, my Bible.
-One item from my house- my notepad (and a pen).Ah! Now that’s two!
8. If you could read only three blogs for the rest of your life, which ones would you read? Why?
This was always going to be a tough one. From the top of my head:
Why? I think they are great sites. Check them out.
9. What’s one word or phrase that you feel you overuse?
“I think that…”
10. What’s one thing you want to accomplish (or stop doing) this year?
I want to take my motivational speaking back on radio. That’s where it all began seven years ago.
11. Would you rather be a frog, a spider, a mud turtle or a goldfish?
Goldfish sounds good. I think that it looks good too.
Drum roll…Here are my nominees;
These are amazing blogs. Take time to check them out
- Aquila Speaks
- Miss Mahogany
- Autumn Eyes
- Clivia Vogel
- Robert Boniface’s Blog
- Lusaka Day & Night
- Better Zambia
- Malama’s Blog
- Ms Ideas Unlimited
- Misadventures of Afro Ginger
- Too Late for Worms
And these are my nominees’ questions;
1. What made you to start blogging?
2. What has been the most precious moment of your blogging life?
3. What is your favorite quote/saying?
4. What is the best book you have ever ready?
5. Movies or music?
6. Who inspires you?
7. What do you love most about your country?
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would that be?
9. Favorite social media ( face book, twitter, LinkedIn or WhatsApp)?
10. What single quality would you like to see in your children?
11. If you could change one thing about the world, what would that be?
Liebster! Pass on the love!
In January I joined the #IAmAZedBlogger Project. It’s a group of Zambian bloggers started by Martha.
In Martha’s words, “#IAmAZedBlogger is a group for Zambian bloggers, no matter what the subject matter of your blog is, you just have to be Zambian…On the 1st of every month I’ll send you a theme to blog about and from there you are free to blog about whatever you want related to that theme! The only thing is that it is not compulsory, you don’t have to participate every week, just participate when you feel ready!”
The blogging theme for January was to write about the #IamAZedBlogger Project. The technology was failing me then. Well, now it’s done! But then there is the February and March challenge for me to do. In Martha’s words again, I have to get my whip cracking. But then again she says” just participate when you feel ready”. Let me dash off!
For now check out these fantastic Zed blogs.
What is a Liebster Award?
Liebster is a Germany word that means darling, dearest, valued,kindest, and welcome.
The idea of the Liebster Award is to show love by highlighting blogs that do not have a huge following.The rules have varied along the way.But any blog that has less than 200 followers can be nominated.Originally, that number was 3000.
How does it work?
The Liebster Award is a ‘chain letter’.Blogs are nominated by other bloggers.Once nominated,it is expected that you will pass it on by nominating 5-11 blogs that you feel need more followers.
What are the rules?
- You have to be nominated before you can nominate other blogs.
- When you are nominated,post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which were provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Provide 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform your nominees by commenting or posting on their blog and provide a link back to your blog so that they can learn about the rules of the award.
Has this blog been nominated?
No, this blog has not been nominated yet.This means that I can not pass on the love to other blogs that deserve the nomination.
I am waiting for someone who has already been nominated to pass on the Liebster love so that I can,in turn, pass it on to others.Is it you?
Liebster!Pass on the love.