On any day, my mother will be my greatest source of inspiration. Her industry, hard work, sense of humor, faith in God and optimism is unrivaled. Add to that her ever present smile. For 21 years that I stayed with her there was never a day that she forgot to wear her smile. Now I don’t get to see her that often but I can always ‘hear’ her smile on the other end of the phone line. The greatest thing I inherited from my mother is faith in the Almighty God and a sense of optimism.
What my mother taught me;
- There is a God somewhere and He is ALWAYS watching over you.
- Don’t worry about a thing. If it was meant to be it will find its way.
Thank God for my mother. I couldn’t have had a better one.
The Ben Carson story is simply amazing. He moved from being the ‘dumbest’ kid in class to become one of the world’s most celebrated medical doctors. Again, you see the power of a mother to change the destiny of a little boy.
The thing about Dr. Carson that inspires me the most is that he is ever so aware of God’s presence in his work and life. You might want to call him the praying doctor. All too often in life men become too full of themselves when they achieve something momentous.
“I would like people to recognize in looking at my story that the person who has the most to do with what happens to you is you. It’s not the environment, it’s not the other people who were there trying to stop you. It’s what you decide you do and how much effort you put behind it.”-Ben Carson
Read the Ben Carson story here.
Chibamba Kanyama is an author, economist, broadcaster, public speaker and motivator. His personal mission is “to be a role model of success and achievement by performing to the best of my abilities in everything I do. I will support, motivate and inspire all those I come into contact with such as family, associates, and all people so that they succeed in all areas of life”.
He is currently the Director General of ZNBC and he also sits on several boards. Chibamba Kanyama convenes an annual motivational youth conference dubbed ‘Creating the Future Conference’.
Visit his website at http://www.chibambakanyama.com.
Mubita Nawa is one of Africa’s finest motivational speakers. He also holds a special place in this business because he is one of the pioneers of motivational speaking in Zambia.
When I started a motivational segment on a radio program seven years ago I found myself reading a lot of Mubita Nawa’s articles in the newspaper. To this day I still read his articles.
“You have come too far to give up on you.” Mubita C. Nawa
Find Mubita Nawa’s website at http://www.mubitacnawa.com.
Apart from my mom, Ben Carson, Chibamba Kanyama and Mubita Nawa I draw a lot of inspiration from nature. Whenever I can, I love to get away from the routine of daily life to feel the wind and smell the flowers. It’s so refreshing and energizing to my creative powers.
Also, I draw my inspiration from everyday life occurrences. Something someone does or says can easily be developed into a blog post. In fact, this article is inspired by an email I received from Martha about the #IamAZedBlogger February blogging theme. The blogging theme was, ‘what’s your muse?’
In summation, my inspiration comes from people, things and nature. It comes from everywhere, even from the most unlikely of sources. Let me know what inspires you in the comment box below.
As we begin the year 2014, here are 13 quotes to give you motivation, inspiration and some wisdom.
- Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let every New Year find you a better Man. -Benjamin Franklin
- One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: to rise above the little things.-John Burroughs
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.-Eleanor Roosevelt
- A happy New Year! Grant that I may bring no tear to any eye when this New Year in time shall end let it be said I’ve played the friend, have lived and loved and labored here, and made of it a happy year. -Edgar Guest
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.-Mae West
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. -Edith Lovejoy Pierce
- Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day. -Michael Josephson
- We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives… not looking for flaws, but fo potential.-Ellen Goodman
- Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges; whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities.-Michael Josephson
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.-G. K. Chesterton
- Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear, To love and laugh and give!
This bright new year is given me to live each day with zest . . . to daily grow and try to be my highest and my best!
I have the opportunity once more to right some wrongs, to pray for peace, to plant a tree, and sing more joyful songs!-William Arthur Ward
- Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.-Oprah Winfrey
- The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.-Franklin D. Roosevelt
For more inspirational and motivational quotes click here.
I wish you well in all your endeavors this year.