As we begin the year 2014, here are 13 quotes to give you motivation, inspiration and some wisdom.
- Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let every New Year find you a better Man. -Benjamin Franklin
- One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: to rise above the little things.-John Burroughs
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.-Eleanor Roosevelt
- A happy New Year! Grant that I may bring no tear to any eye when this New Year in time shall end let it be said I’ve played the friend, have lived and loved and labored here, and made of it a happy year. -Edgar Guest
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.-Mae West
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. -Edith Lovejoy Pierce
- Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day. -Michael Josephson
- We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives… not looking for flaws, but fo potential.-Ellen Goodman
- Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges; whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities.-Michael Josephson
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.-G. K. Chesterton
- Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear, To love and laugh and give!
This bright new year is given me to live each day with zest . . . to daily grow and try to be my highest and my best!
I have the opportunity once more to right some wrongs, to pray for peace, to plant a tree, and sing more joyful songs!-William Arthur Ward
- Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.-Oprah Winfrey
- The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.-Franklin D. Roosevelt
For more inspirational and motivational quotes click here.
I wish you well in all your endeavors this year.